A few questions about the Credits addon

1. Newt

Newt - Jan 21, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Hi,

The lack of documentation is a bit of a pain. Anyway how do I:

- create a purchase credits page or button? Besides, offering credits to buy at a fixed price is good but I'd like to offer credits bundles which allows to offer volume discounts. I just don't understand how to create those bundles. Obviously they need to be purchasable more than once, but how do I proceed, if even possible?

- disable transfert links/hover tooltip when a currency is not set to transfer? The link is pointing to an error message and since it's not needed, it's better to disable it to avoid confusion. Or the option to define what url the credits link should point to would be very welcome.

- turn the Credits link in the navigation bar into a font awesome icon?

- offer interests on credits on a monthly basis instead of daily? Setting 2,628,000 seconds sounds a bit weird to me... who does offer interests every x seconds anyway? ;)
    By the way, are interests added when a user logs in or are they added automatically no matter if they login or not?

And a small display "issue": when there are more than 1 currency, the line-height on the userbit is slightly too large:
    Sans-titre-3

Thanks!

2. Brivium

Brivium - Jan 23, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Dear Newt,

Thanks for your business. Let me answer your questions:
    #1: Currently, purchase credits bundle feature is not available. You only can input number of credits to be purchasing.

#2: You can open template BRC_sidebar_visitor_panel_stats and replace all with
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$currencies}">
    <xen:foreach loop="$currencies" key="$_currency" value="$currency">
    <xen:if is="{$currency.active} && (!{$currencyDisplay} || in_array({$currency.currency_id},{$currencyDisplay}))">
    <dl class="pairsJustified">
        <dt>{xen:raw $currency.code}</dt>
        <dd>
            {xen:helper brc_currencyformat, {$visitor.{$currency.column}},true,{$currency.currency_id}}
        </dd>
    </dl>
    </xen:if>
    </xen:foreach>
    </xen:if>
    #3: You can change credits link in the navigation bar by open template BRC_navigation_visitor_tabs_end and find
    Code:
    <a href="{xen:link 'credits'}" rel="Menu" class="navLink NoPopupGadget">{xen:phrase BRC_credit}</a>
    Change
    Code:
    {xen:phrase BRC_credit} 
    to the font awesome icon value.

#4: You can use salary Event to solve your issue.

Regards,

3. Newt

Newt - Jan 24, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Hi Brivium, thanks.

#1: but how do I get people to purchase credits? Via the paypal payment event?
    #2: is the amount of credits allowed when purchasing upgrades or resources always the same and for everyone?
    #4: but the salary is a fixed amount and it's not the same. I don't understand the point of getting interests several times a day, or even daily since there is already the daily reward option. Interests have to be a monthly or at least a weekly event or did I miss something?
    #5: are interests added when a user logs in or are they added daily automatically no matter if they login or not?
    #6: when does the salary occur, only after 30 full days, or starting the 1st day of the triggered event?
    #7: also, does salary happens the first day of a calendar month, or every 30 days from the date users join the related "salary" group?
    #8: I don't understand the "create new action" function since all possible action are already in the list.
    #9: how can I update the year on the copyright footer? Copyright 2012-2013 doesn't look very serious.
    #10: please please consider integrating a way to purchase fixed price bundles, people buy more if they get volume discounts and getting (more) sales is the point of any viable business.

Thank you

4. Brivium

Brivium - Jan 26, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Dear Newt,

#1: That's right.
    #2: The amount of credits depend on your user upgrade and resource settings.
    #4: I'm sorry about that but currently, it isn't available.
    #5: The interests will be add daily automatically .
    #6 + 7: You can check on Cron Entries > Credits Salary. This will occur at the first day of the month.
    #8: You should have skill with coding/programing to create new action by own.
    #9: Please use the latest version to get it up to date.
    #10: We'd like to offer a custom work for this feature.

Regards,