[Add-on Idea] Top Content/Best Content - Forum Content

1. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Apr 21, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

I have an idea for a good add-on. It's called the Top Content Add-on or Best Content Add-on

It's a link in the nav bar when you click on it. It shows the Best/Top Content of all the forum. The Best Posts & Best Threads. And you can chose from which dates. Yesterday, Last week, or Forever.

Top Content

-- Top Liked - Top Disliked - Top Commented - Top Contrubiated - Top Replied - Top Viewed

-- Top Liked - Top Disliked - Top Commented - Top Contrubiated - Top Replied - Top Viewed

This add-on should work with your add-ons "Comment Each Post & Dislike Add-on"
    Top Commented
    Top Disliked

And you can choose how many Top Content there will be.
    I would choose Top 50. And it would be numbered

and for future ideas. You could pick which Forum Node to see the top content!

I think it is a good idea.

I got this idea from WDB Popular Content.
    But the developer never adds any new feature. I ask and ask him but he is too busy.
    He never reply to anyone
    It's a free add-on but it is not developing anymore.

So i am sad.

Please make this add-on. I will buy it!!!

Here is a picture how i think it would look.

top content
    And inside the top content page. You should be able to see
    Because the free add-on you can't see the tag. It only shows [ img ] it looks ugly!!
    Seeing images inside the top content is important!!
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Apr 21, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

And you can recieve alerts when your thread or posts makes it to the list.

i have good ideas!!!
  3. DungHoa

DungHoa - Apr 21, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

Hie hie, I like this idea. However, to decide which content is the best will be hard choice. :D
  4. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Apr 22, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

The administrator doesn't have to pick which posts&threads are the "Best"
    This is done by the members.

Top Liked = the posts/thread with the most likes
    Top Disliked =the posts/threads with the most dislikes
    Top Commented = the posts/threads with the most comments
    Top Contrubiated = the posts/threads that has the most amount of members replied
    Top Replied = the posts/threads with the most replies
    Top Viewed = the posts/threads that have been viewed the most

So it's the members who will choose by the actions they do.

Here is another add-on similar. But his add-on is not for xenforo actions.
    Its for his add-on

But i don't want to use his add-on because i use your dislike and comments add-on
  5. Brivium

Brivium - Apr 23, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Dear Serverguy,

At the moment, all I can say is the suggestion has been made and it will be considered at some point in the future.

So if you want to get it as soon as posible, I'd like to ask you for contribute for this add-on ... and we can do it now.

joey_tbf likes this.
  6. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Apr 26, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

hmm.. it sounds like a good idea.. but i will wait for my other suggestions/bugs to be added/fixed first.

I don't want to give you too much work. Or you will be always busy to update old add-ons :(:giggle:

This makes me wonder what # are my suggestions/bugs are on your todot list...
  7. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - May 12, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

I was thinking or maybe it would be better to implament it with Modern Statistics!!

Preview Mode

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  8. rafass

rafass - May 12, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

The preview mode with tooltip it's already available.
    regarding this:
    I've been thinking the same this days.
    Modern Statistics is a very powerful addon with a lot of possibilities of customisations, in the future could be used like a portal too.
    In fact now is possible mark threads as "featured threads" would be really nice use it like a portal. : )
  9. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - May 13, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

oh really? I didn't know that.

I just looked and i found it in the settings.

But there is no screenshot of what the "Thread Preview" and "Custom Preview" look like.

And i don't own it so i cannot test it.

I've looked at it but i have never really read everything about it. You're right it is very powerful.

I would love to delete the "New Posts" page and replace it with modern statistics instead.

I am not a fan of portals because the current ones are really boring. Most of them have just "featured threads" and it's always so HUGE and there is only 1 or 2 articles.

Also, I hate it when forums make the portal their homepage because i find them so boring. I skip them 100% of the time.

But modern statisics might change my mind. It seems a lot more interactive. I think it would make a better portal then those other ones.

I will have to put this on my wish-list and if it gets more features i will buy it.

In fact i don't even want the top content add-anymore. I think it's better in Modern Statisics.
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
  10. rafass

rafass - May 13, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

Tooltip "Custom preview":
    Tooltip "Thread preview"
    Modern Statistic is awesome. the new features in the last updates are really great and is frequently updated and improved.
    Don't hesitate even a second and buy it now bud thumbsup
    joey_tbf likes this.
  11. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - May 13, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

wow this is way better than WDB Popular Content. Now i can delete that add-on.

I can't believe i missed this great add-on before. I don't need a top content add-on anymore.

I will use Modern Statistics. This will work way better.

I will have to buy it next time i get paid from work.

Thanks for the info Capture