1. SoeHoe

SoeHoe - Nov 18, 2015 Active Member

Feature request :
    Link each project to a new thread and make Auto Post per project base. This feature will help each donator to discuss the project or asking the project owner about the progress of the project.

2. Brivium

Brivium - Nov 19, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Thank you for valued input. Could you please give me more information about this request ?
  3. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Nov 20, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

I understand this "Link each project to a new thread"

I think he means, make it the same as the Resource Manager, Where a thread is linked to the resource. (Discussion Tab)
    Like this:

But i don't understand this "and make Auto Post per project base"

Do you mean this? It automatically makes a thread?
    same as resource manager, makes auto post in thread.?

is this what you mean soehoe?
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. SoeHoe

SoeHoe - Nov 22, 2015 Active Member

I don't mean to have a thread per project since not every project need to discuss. Like donation for hosting invoice, members already know what it is and don't need to ask anything. Or a project for modifying an add on. We may want to raise funds for modifying an add on now, and of course we may do the same in the future. So, for an add on we may have several fundraising projects, but, IMO, all of them will be better to discuss in the same thread, and to automatically post new donation notification to the same thread.

I prefer to set it per project based. But if it can be set to create a thread automatically like a resource, it is a good idea. With that function we also need the ability to set the thread id manually. So we can determine auto create a thread or manual set thread id.

What do think @joey_tbf & @Brivium?
    joey_tbf likes this.