Information Brivium commits to support all of customers

1. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 5, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    promise

Hello all of our friends,

We would like to announce that in the next time, all of our works on Brivium.com are still normal. The support activities will happen like it should be. The new add-ons and styles will be in the To-do-list as usual.

Everything will be acted as normal and you should not be worry about anything. We still are here, with you. It’s not the end of world and we will continue to grow in the next time.

Thank you for being here with us during the past and best of luck for all of our customers, especially in this time, Tet holiday (Lunar New Year) is coming soon here.

2. rafass

rafass - Feb 5, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

Credit
    Point
    YOU ROCK! Brivium! everything will be ok ;) Today I'll buy some addons :)

DungHoa likes this.
  3. DungHoa

DungHoa - Feb 5, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Thank you for being here with us. I have read a best quote from India today:
    1. Any body you meet is supposed to who you need to meet.
    2. Any happened which is what should happen.
    3. In every moment, thing starts at the right moment.
    4. What had left, let's it leave.

We would like to say a big thank you again with you in those time for supporting, cheering, encouraging us. It's wordless to say thank you for you. We hope that in the future time, you could still stop by our site to purchase our add-ons, styles. You could even leave us a ticket if you do not feel right about anything. You could even suggest us for any idea of future upgraded version of any add-on. We will listen to you!
    Thank you!

rafass likes this.
  4. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Feb 5, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

Credit
    Point
    everyone is worried.. everyone think you will stop making add-ons.. everyone is sad..

I am confused.. and now I worry my future..

DungHoa and Lindal_Oronar like this.
  5. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 5, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    It's sad. I know. We do understand. But all of them have gone. They (Xen staffs) have deleted all of them, but you can still purchase it on brivium.com. The updating add-ons are still existed on our site. Check it and download if you need.

With your concern, we do promise with you that with us “Customer is King”, as it always does.

Please let us know anything we can make up for you. Thank you and look forward hearing from you soon!

Thank you!

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry - Feb 6, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    The statement given still doesn't give me the "warm fuzzy" feeling of happiness. From what I understand, your "normal" is what ended up getting all the add-ons jerked from the XenForo site and some other things happen.

You SERIOUSLY need to engage someone to proof-read your statements in English. All the one you have does is encourage me NOT to purchase any further add-ons and to look elsewhere for replacements for what I do have.

7. DungHoa

DungHoa - Feb 6, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    We cannot explain for whom do not understand about code. What should we do now? We do understand what you and others discussed, however we can't explain further. Check it at XenForo site or ask HWS to understand more.
    Thank you!

joey_tbf likes this.
  8. DungHoa

Credit
    Point
    We are speechless now. Don't know how to say. Just follow your instinct.

joey_tbf likes this.
  9. Tracy Perry

Credit
    Point
    The problem is one of trust. Apparently you were hand in hand with one of the biggest nulling sites and then got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. In addition to that, you were using code directly from other add-ons in yours.
    Things like that causes worry.... and then you add on top of that your old data collection policies it makes a purchaser (who may not code themselves) wonder what other kinds of stuff might be in/hidden in the code of the add-ons you supply. I'm really afraid that you have probably ended up dealing a death blow to your brand for those that know of the past history.

10. DungHoa

Credit
    Point
    Thank you for your concern and your demand about trust in us. We understand that when we loose faith in you, we can't do anything. About the pirate site, we closed it up. About the allegations of code stoling, we had said sorry for whom gave the allegations.
    A little bit words about who we are: From Vietnam. We are as a team with a leader. The oldest was born in 1988 and the youngest one is a designer who was born in 1994. We made mistakes. But we do know we deserve a second chance. About something related to your faith, we can't do anything with your demand if you do not give us the chance or open up it with us. If you really concern, I think that you do not question too much like that.
    End of the conversation here. Please do as we said or leave. Thank you!

joey_tbf likes this.
  11. Tracy Perry

Credit
    Point
    It IS a concern... with all the hacking problems in the news lately, ANY possibility of code being used to back door is a problem. Age of the developers is NO excuse.
    As for "do as we said or leave". I have a valid license and expect support from it. If you don't like being questioned about your policies that have come to light, feel free to refund me my purchase price and I'll purchase an alternative add-on to use in place of yours.
    I'm sure that PayPal would be interested in learning that you are selling a product with a certain period of support and then reneging on it when something that doesn't please you is said. I think you've already had one incident of that in the past if I remember correctly.

If you need it, I'll be happy to provide you with the transaction ID so you can reverse it and I'll happily remove the add-on and you won't hear from me (at least on THIS SITE) again.

12. DungHoa

Credit
    Point
    Hi, I understood your concern right now. Please leave us a ticket in the ticket system. We will check and support you. We do promise you as we said to other customers, we will support all of you. So please leave us a ticket or pm or message so we could know your problem/issues. And one more thing, we do know that age could not be the execution of anything, but just we told you about us, so you can understand more. No Excuse, okay?
    Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    joey_tbf likes this.
  13. Summit

Summit - Feb 6, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    With all the accusations and so on, I still really do love your add-ons (and your support). I am a active purchaser for your add-ons too, so promise to keep making more, and keeping them up to date ;)

Best Wishes Brivium

14. DungHoa

Credit
    Point
    Thank you for believing in us. We do promise with you that we will continue our path and won't let you down.

Summit and joey_tbf like this.
  15. rafass

rafass - Feb 6, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

Credit
    Point
    I´ll quote myself in xenForo Community:
    And the user tajhay who talk about some reasonable ideas to go ahead:

I usually look on the Bright Side, when a door closes some windows opens. the views can be beautiful.
    You are in the top of the best developers of xenForo, do your best to fix the "bugs" and fix "the issues".
    you can do it. ;)

joey_tbf, Brivium and DungHoa like this.
  16. DungHoa

Credit
    Point
    Dear Rafass,
    Forgive not quoted your reply because it's too long.
    We thank you for your recommendation.
    1. With callbacks, we can handle it. We are removing all of it. Maybe it will somehow happen if we forget some, so it's important if you and other customers could feedback us to improve our/your products.
    2. About prices: Every price we set is the average of the market.
    3. About support: We will try to support all of customers more. However, sometimes when there are a lot of tasks needed to be completed, we must choose the priority tasks. And sometimes, although you fed us your ideas, during the progress, some ideas came up with us and we needed taking adjustments. So maybe it took longer time to complete. Please wait for a while and your patience will be paid back totally.
    ______

Cám ơn Rafass rất nhiều vì đã tin tưởng chúng tôi.
    => Translate: Thank you Rafass so much for trusting us.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Brivium and rafass like this.
  17. Newt

Newt - Feb 6, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Hi Brivium,
    Thank you for not letting us down. And please do follow your new course, keeping in mind that there's no 3rd chance :p

Now as for improving, I agree with the suggestions above, but:
    2. About all the prices in the market average: that's only true for the pricing, not the updates. But that's not my point: I'm talking about the weird branding removal policy; for if I was to purchase it for the dozen of addons I bought from you, I'd have to pay $700+. Just to get rid of a link. And yes, that's all paid addons.
    Mind you, if I'd pay for 11 or the 12 addons, that would cost $650+ and would still have the branding on my footer. Come on, I don't think that anybody else on the market is doing this.
    Of course you decide, of course I can take it or leave it. Right now I'm leaving it as that surely doesn't encourage me to purchase more addons, so I'm getting rid of many of them because of this, and it's a lose-lose-lose solution.
    Please consider a fair branding removal policy. Some bulk pricing maybe? Selling a branding removal addon would do, what do you think? And not with a css/js/whatever hide option. It's pretty bad to hide links anyway. A true removal feature.
    3. About support: well 4 days average for support to a paid addon is bordeline. Really. Please keep it in mind if you really mean what you promised above. I'm not asking for a 24/7 hotline though, but I'm sure you get the picture ;)

Thank you kindly for your attention and good will.

Brivium, joey_tbf and DungHoa like this.
  18. DungHoa

Credit
    Point
    Hi, I would like to thank you for your recommendation. I say to you as Me, not Brivium or anyone else. About that, I will take note all of your suggestions and I will discuss with the leader further about the situation because I am not who made some decisions, so I hope that this will be a good example for other customers who would like to suggest us.

:D Thank you for your kindness.

Best,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    joey_tbf likes this.
  19. Paul

Paul - Feb 10, 2015 Member

Credit
    Point
    I think when Brivium opens up on the negative news that surrounds them and make things ultra transparent from now on and prove that they deserve a second chance they should deserve a second chance. The problem is that lots of customers depend on Brivium.....after all.....they have very good addons.

Steps to be taken imo:

No foul security violence in code [just clean honest trustworthy code]
    No shady sub businesses or partnerships with dark untrustworthy companies
    Prove to customers they can sleep with both eyes closed and their data is secure

continue developing great addons and develop an automatic addon updater for your customers so they never have to manually update your addons again

joey_tbf and DungHoa like this.
  20. DungHoa

DungHoa - Feb 11, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Hi Paul,
    Thank you for your suggestions. We know that we made a lot of big mistakes and we'll try even XenForo staffs do not let us in the community again.
    Please be patient. We are working on it.
    Thank you so much for trusting in us.

rafass and joey_tbf like this.