Brivium's official apology and notice

1. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 14, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

This is the official announcement from Brivium to all of our loyal customers during that time.

As you know, all of our products have been removed from XenForo site and we do no longer have permission for posting anything on XenForo site. By this action, our business on XenForo was ruined.

In this post, we would like to tell for all of you exactly what was going on those days.

First, it started with an allegation of TheChiro for taking his image for an illustration of our product. There were also other allegations about some problems that we would like to mention below:
    • About TheChiro's allegation: We took his idea about an image to let it be our illustration in a product's picture. It's really our fault and took action immediately. We removed all the images related to TheChiro and we replaced by another images designed by ourselves. We also sent for TheChiro the officially apology and he accepted that. Everything had solved.
    • About the Waindigo's allegation: We referred a function of his code, equivalent to 21 lines or a code paragraph. We thought that it might be suitable for one of our products. With this case, we had sent the apology to Jon W (Waindigo) and he accepted that, as he mentioned in our thread recently.
    • Next thing, about the allegation of calling back (backdoor) in coding: About this problem, everything has been solved in this thread: And we think that we had upgraded all of our products to be compatible with the resources' requirements. And the backdoors had gone. We did really take the feedbacks from all customers and fixed it. We hope that all of you could continue to support us and let us know what's going on.
    • One more thing we could not deny that we are owner of We do know that it’s totally wrong but we desired to have a community in Vietnam. By this action, we shared the null versions of many add-ons and resources. This was unacceptable. We did know it and we should close it for a long time. But I guess it’s too late now.
    After a very long time of reviews and self-recognition, we feel ashamed for what we did and we know that we need to change a lot. As a representative of 12 people of Brivium Team, I send to all of our customers my official apology. We recommend a win-win-win solution for XenForo&XenForo’s customers&Brivium and we demand a chance to fix our fault. We knew that it’s very wrong and there is no excuse for what we did or what we lied for all of the community, as well as XenForo staffs.

In this post, we hope that our friends will give us a hand and help us in the next time. We do know that getting back your trust is so difficult. However, it doesn’t mean we won’t try. We will try by all our hearts and our determinations. We hope you can open your heart and forgive us.

Although we have contacted to XenForo staffs recently to apologize and tell all the truth, we know that it’s too late and we are preparing some necessary alternatives for the worst situation (It is happening in current).
    As some of our customers could see in our page recently, we have changed the display of You could enter this page as a community and we are trying to turn it into a real community right now. We do call your help, your feedback or even comments for making this website better for users. We would like to receive and hear it from you. So please do not hesitate, contact with us now or post a thread or register to become our member. We ensure that you won’t regret about it. In the future time, we will add and widen more features for this community to let you experience the best XenForo site.

Concurrently, we had closed permanently our pirate site We will never open it again unless we erase and remove all the illegal products or threads in this site.

Something I must explain for you about some callback (backdoor). This callback is installed in the resources just only for the purposes of checking customer’s license, without any other purposes. With some recent fears that our add-on cannot be removed, we must say that it is calumniated. We must confirm again and again that OUR RESOURCES ARE TOTALLY CLEAN AND DO NOT HARM ANYTHING, even your software or your site.

We hope that with those real actions, you could give us a hand and a chance to get back the community.

Thank you!
  2. Summit

Summit - Feb 14, 2015 New Member

Thanks for the apology. As I said, I have lots of your add-ons, and can't wait to see you make more! I think the hardest part now is just trying to gain the trust of the XenForo community again. It seems some people have already put this thing to the side (due to other incidents on XenForo). I was mostly part of the first incident, and I'm not gonna lie, that one scarred me a little haha. The second incident, I really didn't know much about, but Jon W and you reconciled it, which was great. The callbacks were fixed, and I have to say thanks to that. Finally, I think the main reason people are upset, or at least XF, is VXF. Since you closed it, I think you showed an initiative, which is fantastic. Its just the first step, but its something. I will still buy your products, since they work best for me. You just have to show the rest of the world, that you are willing to change and make the difference to gain their trust ;)

You guys are great developers, and maybe you can get a second chance in the future with the rest of the community.

Best Wishes Brivium team, and see ya in the forums!
  3. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Feb 15, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

I've never had any problems with your add-ons. In fact, I love your add-ons!! I find your team always comes up with some of the best and fun ideas for add-ons and there isn't many alternatives for your add-ons.

I felt sad that you were gone from xenforo. You were my favourite developer.

Sometimes people make mistakes. You made some bad choices. But everyone in life sometimes makes bad choices.. It's hard to earn back people's trust. You will have to work harder now.

I can see that you've started to change your company. In the past week this forum has changed a lot. It is now more open and it feels more like a community. It's a start :clap:

I hope you can improve your customer service and continue to make add-ons.

I think the most important thing is too give good customer service.

I wish you and your company can improve things for all your customers. Even if xenforo doesn't allow you to come back.. Your customers will stay with you if you show them you are serious about being more honest and giving them good support.

Good Luck
  4. Pinn

Pinn - Feb 15, 2015 Active Member

It is for me no matter what you did, say I don't care!
    Have fantastic resources and that's what matters!
    Will continue to recommend your resources and further new buy!
    Head high that is back!
  5. rafass

rafass - Feb 15, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

Everything is gonna be ok.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  6. GoPluto

GoPluto - Feb 15, 2015 New Member

I just want to chime in, I had no idea about all this drama until I got the email.

Brivium, you guys are ESSENTIAL to Xenforo, I've used your mods for months/years possibly? and I couldn't do without them. You are also the BEST skin/style developer there is too!

I can't live without your styles and mods so PLEASE don't give up regardless of what happens with Xenforo themselves. People will still buy styles and mods.

You guys are the best! Please don't take down the store or stop making great addons and styles! I will back you all the way even on
    Collins Hannah, DungHoa and Brivium like this.
  7. Shiro

Shiro - Feb 15, 2015 New Member

Please continue making addons.
  8. DungHoa

DungHoa - Feb 15, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

Hi all guys,

I'm in love with all of you. I can't say anything about your trust and the best words you give us. Although it's hard sometimes, but I do believe that we can make it work. So please stay calm, we're ready to be back.

:* A big kiss for all of you, @Summit , @Shiro , @rafass, @serverguy , @GoPluto, @Pinn
    Thank you guy for like my writing. :* and accept my/our apology. :* Thank you so much.

Merci beaucoup!
  9. racersimage

racersimage - Feb 15, 2015 New Member

We rely on 7 of your add-ons that are essential to our forum. We will continue to support your efforts but would like to be assured that if anything happens to Brivium that our add-ons that we pay for and support will still be operational?
    Collins Hannah likes this.
  10. DungHoa

DungHoa - Feb 16, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

Yes, sure, why not?
  11. tekgirl

tekgirl - Feb 17, 2015 New Member

I had no idea any of this was going on and I just want to say that it takes a lot of courage to admit you are wrong and to do it publicly.

So, as long as you keep your word now, stay on the up and up and learn from your mistakes, you will be fine! I love your addons...and hope the developers of XF will forgive and move on...
  12. Paul

Paul - Feb 17, 2015 Member

You deserve a second chance on xenforo. Xenforo needs to see a lot of customers rely on your addons so in a way we are punished as well and that's not correct. Strange thinking of me maybe but maybe [some xenforo developers] see you as a possible threat [moneywise] and although you should be back on xenforo they won't let you in ever again. Just keep on developing addons and also develop more complex addons and yes.....maybe after all you don't need xenforo for sales if your own platform is perfect for sales
  13. vitoreis

vitoreis - Feb 18, 2015 New Member

I'm here and will be because of this message! Thanks for your apology.

Collins Hannah and DungHoa like this.
  14. DungHoa

DungHoa - Feb 18, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

Hi all of you! It's very near the moment of "New Year" here. I would love to be here and read all your message. I'm in love with all of you and thank you for your courage as well as your generosity you give us.

A new year is coming in our land. Hope that everything will be okay from now on!

Happy "Goat year"!
    Pinn, rafass and joey_tbf like this.
  15. rafass

rafass - Feb 18, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

Happy new year guys,
    my best wishes.
    soncuti and DungHoa like this.
  16. Emrah Özdemir

Emrah Özdemir - Feb 19, 2015 New Member

i like your add-ons. keep going to use them. i trust you and everybody deserves a second chance. we can write to xenforo for to support you if you want.

hi from turkey.
    Collins Hannah and rafass like this.
  17. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson - Feb 20, 2015 New Member

I am not as concerned about the problem or allegations that led to Brivium being exiled from Xenforo as I am with what may result from this. Will you still be updating your themes and plugins, adding new ones, and carrying on business as usual, or are we to be orphaned?
    Collins Hannah and DungHoa like this.
  18. DungHoa

DungHoa - Feb 21, 2015 Moderator Staff Member

A Hi from Vietnam for you!

Thank you for supporting us. We will stick on that to continue our path.

We will continue. Please don't worry :D
    You worried too much that could make some wrinkles on your head :p
  19. DungHoa

Thank you and happy new year for you :p
    I'm enjoying my Tet Holiday. Just going back my hometown and have a great time with my relatives :D
    How are you ?
    joey_tbf likes this.
  20. DungHoa

Yes, we are trying to stick on that plan. However, data from shows that most of people go to before go to brivium. A little bit worried now. But we are trying so hard. We hope that it's not too late :D
    joey_tbf likes this.