1. HairLossTalk

HairLossTalk - Jul 21, 2016 New Member

Credit
    Point
    When i go to the ticket system it tells me I dont have permission to open a ticket. Can you tell me why?

Here is what I wanted to submit as an enhancement request:
    ------------------------

A feature like "Dislike" has a high risk of being abused.

Yet you have no real tools included that restrict the ability to abuse it.

We already had one user who went around the forum disliking another users posts. All of them.

The only thing you have added to limit this is "Time between Dislikes". But since you also *tell* the user how long to wait between likes in the error popup, they know exactly how long to wait, and then just do it again.

Please consider adding:

1) An option to define maximum number of dislikes a user can issue to "the same" user.
    In other words, maximum number of times Steve99 can issue dislikes to Mary44.
    Steve 99 can issue dislikes to anyone else, but he can only dislike Mary44 once, or twice.
    This value would be defined in a text field.
    You could also allow a time period to be specified for this. So that the user goes back to default after the time expires.
    This would be the most helpful for stopping abuse, because people who abuse the Dislike typically want 1 specific user to get a lot of dislikes.

2) A "User Permission" on the User Permissions page defining how many dislikes that user can issue in a certain time period (1 day, 1 week, 1 month).

There are many ways to accomplish this goal so I will let you guys decide the best method. But we have to stop situations where 1 specific user is issuing numerous dislikes to 1 specific other user.
    A feature like "Dislike" has a high risk of being abused.

Yet you have no real tools included that restrict the ability to abuse it.

We already had one user who went around the forum disliking another users posts. All of them.

The only thing you have added to limit this is "Time between Dislikes". But since you also *tell* the user how long to wait between likes in the error popup, they know exactly how long to wait, and then just do it again.

Please consider adding:

1) An option to define maximum number of dislikes a user can issue to "the same" user.
    In other words, maximum number of times Steve99 can issue dislikes to Mary44.
    Steve 99 can issue dislikes to anyone else, but he can only dislike Mary44 once, or twice.
    This value would be defined in a text field.
    You could also allow a time period to be specified for this. So that the user goes back to default after the time expires.
    This would be the most helpful for stopping abuse, because people who abuse the Dislike typically want 1 specific user to get a lot of dislikes.

2) A "User Permission" on the User Permissions page defining how many dislikes that user can issue in a certain time period (1 day, 1 week, 1 month).

There are many ways to accomplish this goal so I will let you guys decide the best method. But we have to stop situations where 1 specific user is issuing numerous dislikes to 1 specific other user.

2. Brivium

Brivium - Jul 25, 2016 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We will consider to add such a functionality with the future updates. Unfortunately right now it’s not available by default.