Facebook/Twitter Posts integrated in as Posts on the thread

1. tajhay

tajhay - Feb 15, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    @Brivium Do you have any intention of making FB/Twitter posts integrate with the rest of the posts within the posting timeline? Yes or No would be appreciated.

2. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 15, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Thank you for your suggestion!

I would like to confirm with you that we will execute your request. However, we are in the official holiday in Vietnam right now. It’s the traditional New year’s holiday. We call “Tet Holiday”. In this “Tet Holiday”, most of our staffs go home and visit their family. So we have not enough staffs for your request. So in spite of regret, we guess we must make an appointment with your request for at least 10 days.

Wish you the best for your business.

Regards,

tajhay likes this.
  3. tajhay

tajhay - Feb 25, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Any updates??? I have posted this 3 times now (twice was on xenforo.com) but it really does not seem like you guys can add this feature. Can i get confirmation. If not, there is no point in keeping on visiting here in the hope that it will be done. Just prefer straight up answers. Thanks.

4. tajhay

tajhay - Feb 28, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point

5. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 28, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Your request feature is under developing. Unfortunately, we're facing issue with post creator. Post creator should be guest with name same with Facebook Name. So what's happend when Facebook Name (guest) already has.

Could you please let me solution ?

6. tajhay

Credit
    Point
    Not sure i understand what the issue is. Can you explain in a little more detail.

If the guest is posting with a facebook account, it should use their facebook name.
    If the guest is posting with a twitter account, it should use their twitter name.
    If a member is posting using their forum account, it should use their forum name.
    If a member is posting using facebook account, it should use their facebook name.

etc.

Does that make sense?

7. Brivium

Credit
    Point
    Firstly, this add-on doesn't support Twitter comment, please check it again.

For Facebook comment, all post made by Facebook will be posted as guest with their Facebook name. Unfortunately, when Facebook name same with already username (registered) ... what's happend ?

Regards,

8. tajhay

Credit
    Point
    Thats fine.

Oh i see. If the Facebook Name and Member Name is the same, then perhaps the post creator name can have (FB) appended to the name?

9. Brivium

Credit
    Point
    We have been planed this but still want a better solution.

10. tajhay

Credit
    Point
    Well the chances of a member name and a facebook name that comments on the same forum is somewhat unlikely.

In any case, what about putting 'Facebook User' for unregistered members, custom title area and have the same name displayed for both?

11. Brivium

Credit
    Point
    So we decided to add a prefix to Post Creator and the update version will be released on tomorrow.

Regards,

tajhay likes this.
  12. tajhay

tajhay - Mar 1, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Bought...but facebook posting area doesnt even show up. ( i have set the permissions etc). Will PM you guys...right now its unusable.

13. Chang Lee

Chang Lee - Mar 2, 2015 XenForo Expert Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    You should enter Facebook Application & Secret at Facebook Integration Option page (admin.php?options/list/facebook) to get Facebook Comment area.

14. PlayerUp

PlayerUp - Aug 4, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Would be for this mod as well.