1. Aaron Spence

Aaron Spence - Nov 5, 2015 New Member

Credit
    Point
    I have a couple of questions if I may?

1. I'm assuming the cronjob runs at whatever interval is set, and only grabs new topics, or replies to existing topics?

Does it then correctly place new FB replies back into the main topics, or create new topics? How does the forum differentiate between local (forum) replies and FB replies etc?​

2. Can an FB user sign up and claim their name on the Forum?

A question was asked some months ago about combining accounts. ie the FB account is associated with the same local forum account. (Assuming the user signs up to the forum via Facebook.)

It seems to me this function is critical for users to be able to continue their FB conversations locally on the forum as themselves.
    3. Going full circle: Would it be possible for the forum to post new topics/replies back to Facebook via the Groups API. (For users logged in to the forum via Facebook.)

This is the million dollar question, and one that would make using FB and a forum the ulimate experience. I've been after this functionality for many years. If you could crack it, I suspect a LOT of people would start using forums for technical FB groups.

Facebook has been responsible for the death of 1000's of forums, pretty much all of them in my area, VR/360 photography/video. Yet we all keep posting to FB and all the knowledge is continually lost down the FB black hole. If we could post to FB and have the Forum capture all that knowledge... then continue the discussion on the Forum, which posts back to FB for readers there, we would solve the FB problem.

I understand that there would be a lot of development required to make this happen. I'm happy to consider paying for some of that development, if the concept is possible.

2. Brivium

Brivium - Nov 6, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your submitting inquiry. I'd like to answer to your about

#1. This add-on not only allows you grabs new topic but also replies to existing topics (with checking existing posts)

#2, #3: There are to complicated, but I'd like to confirm with you we can do this with a custom work service. If you want, we can send to you the quotation.

Regards,