How to make a paragraph of a post visible only after a Credits payment?

1. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 10, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    I am providing some download links insides the posts of my forum. How do I configure the Credits Premium, so that members could check out and pay some Credits in order to be able to see the download links?

In The Credits Premium description, you mentioned that "Install Credits Premium and see your users interaction soar by offering them points which could be used to view certain topics, exchange for downloads or even real items." Basically, I want to know the technical details of how to charge my forum members credits for viewing certain part of a post.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 10, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Hello,

We so sorry about that but with current Credits Premium version you can't configure to allows members for viewing part of a post. You only can charge Credits for viewing a post (full content). To solve your issues, we offer a custom works to make other addon that integrate with Credits Premium.

Regards,

3. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 11, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Thank you for the reply. It would be great if you could engineer something like this for future versions. I paid big bucks for the Premium version. If the Premium could do things like this (to conduct check out transactions to view certain information), it will be well worth it.

So for now, how do I set up my Credits Premium so that it will charge Credits for my members to view a post (full content)? I am thinking to reply to my own thread with a new post containing the download link, and then charge Credits for my members to view it. Will that work?

I appreciate the help.

4. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 15, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Didn't you guys say "You only can charge Credits for viewing a post (full content)"? Please help!

5. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 15, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    @Liv4spd
    You can't charge users' credits by your way.
    We think easy way to set permission to guest can't view thread and set amount (negative like -3, -5 ...) for Read Thread event.

Regards,

6. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 20, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Thank you for the reply. Do you have any plan to implement something like that?

I receive multiple questions from my members, asking what's the point of collecting credits, when they can not be used to buy things.

7. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 21, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Hello,

We think the best solution for your issues are define a "paid" field contents when create thread. After thread created, the paid field will be disappeared for users. Users need to click on purchase button and credits will be deducted to see paid contents.

Regards,

8. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 24, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    I agree completely.

The problem is I do not know how to do this? Would you mind to show me the procedures to do this?

Thank you very much.

9. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 24, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Hello,

We will release addon Content Restriction using Credits (as free) on day to solve your issues.
    We will be very happy if you can make a donation for this.

Regards,

10. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 24, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
  11. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 25, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Wow! You guys are amazingly fast! I am sure this will be a huge deal to the "Credits" software. To me, this is definitely something worth my hard earned $90 for the premium version, others may not :)

I just installed it on my server. One question. I did set the user permissions as said in the instructions. I set them the same as what's shown in your picture "00_Permission.png". But when I tried to create a new post, or edit an old post, I can never see the new "Credit Restriction" section at the bottom of the page, as shown in your picture "01_thread_create.png".

What I see is the option of "Creating a new poll".

Yes, I will make a donation later to show my appreciation.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  12. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 25, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    @Liv4spd

Can you tell us what's XenForo and Credits version that you used ?

Regards,

13. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 25, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Sure, below are what I have:

- XenForo 1.2.4
    - Brivium - Credits Premium1.5.3

Thanks.

14. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 25, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
  15. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 26, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Thank you so much for the new version!

Now it works flawlessly when I try to create a new post, but does not work (the content restriction section does not show up) when I try to edit an old post.

16. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 26, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Can you give us an admin account via conversation ? We will check your issues.

Regards,

17. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 26, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Figured it out!!!

I need to access the page as shown in 02_edit_thread.png from the dropdown list on the top right, instead of the "Edit" button at the bottom of the thread.

Thank you so much for the help.

18. Brivium

Brivium - Feb 26, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Thanks for your reponse. Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Regards,

19. Liv4spd

Liv4spd - Feb 27, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    One suggestion for future versions. After the users click "purchase" button, could you engineer a confirmation page, asking them to confirm that they will be charged for the amount of credits. People could click the button by accident, and lose their credits.

20. Sergey1

Sergey1 - Feb 27, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Much needed addon, thank you. I suggest to add its ability to hide and buy not only text, but also pictures, photos and files.