1. Isabel

Isabel - Jan 19, 2014 New Member

Credit
    Point
    Hello,

I am trying to set up a Coin System using this Credit Add-on.

I'm trying to make it like this:
    You get Iron Coins for each action you take on the forum. When you get 100 Iron Coins it turns into 1 Silver Coin, and likewise, 100 Silver Coins equals 1 Gold Coin.

I set the values of the currency like this:
    Iron Coins set to value of 1. Silver Coins set to value of 100. Gold Coins set to value of 1,000.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working the way I had hoped. How can I achieve this correctly?

2. Brivium

Brivium - Jan 19, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    @Isabel

Firstly, you need create 3 currencies with following setting:
    Gold coin value* = 1
    Silver coin value = 100
    Iron coin value = 10000

Secondly, you need create all events for Iron coin that allows users can earn Iron coin.

Third, you need create Exchange event for Silver and Gold coin => that allows users can exchange Iron coin to Silver & Gold Coin.

* Value (This is the overall value of this currency compared to all other currencies. Generally this only matters when determining total assets and transfering between currencies. You should establish at least one currency with a value of 1 as a base against the rest.)

Regards,

3. Isabel

Credit
    Point
    So if I make the Event Exchange and use Silver Coin and make the affected currency as "Receive Currency" does this mean it will automatically convert 100 Iron Coins to 1 Silver or 100 Silver to 1 Gold?

4. Brivium

Brivium - Jan 19, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    Sorry about that but current we don't support feature automatically convert currencies. You need set Exchange event to solve this situation.

5. Isabel

Credit
    Point
    Oh. Would you be willing to do custom work on mine to perform this? If so, how much would it cost?

6. Brivium

Brivium - Jan 20, 2014 XenForo Services Staff Member

Credit
    Point
    @Isabel

We sent quote to you via conversation.

Regards,