Some improvements for Sticky Thread Credits add-on

1. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Mar 20, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

I just purchased this add-on tonight and i have been testing it. But there is some improvments to be made.

Here are the improvements that i think you should make.

1. When creating a new thead. There is some words missing. "Stick Thread"
    If there is no words. It looks strange. Some members think it cost money to make a thread. They do not know it is for "Stick Thread"

New Thread

2. Change the position of the "Sticked Thread" link in the navigation bar. The reason is most members will not use Sticked Thread link. Only people who want to advertise will. So it is not in a good spot. I think after "Search Forums" is better. New Posts is often used to it's better to have it at the end.

Navigation Bar

3. Please add a secondary currently. Some forums use fake currency and most people will not know the math. 70,000 is how much in usd?? So it is better to add a second currency beside the fake currency. I pick usd because my members are american.

second currenty

4. Please change the Error Screen. Or let us change it. I want to add a "Link" so they can easily purchase more "Credits"

not enough

I will keep testing tonight. I will add more suggestions if i find any. But so far it is a good add-on. I like it. Thank you
  2. Brivium

Brivium - Mar 20, 2015 XenForo Services Staff Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all, I'd like to say thanks for your business. For your suggestion & request
    #1: We will try to improve it on the next update version.
    #2: This navigation is displayed by XenForo hook system, so you can display it at the middle of navigation. In case you want to do it, you should do it manually by opening the file \library\Brivium\StickThreadCredit\EventListeners\Listener.php, find and remove:
    case 'navigation_tabs_forums':
    And then place follow code into the position (template navigation) which you want
    <xen:include template="BRST_navigation_tabs_forums" />
    #3: You should change on core code to display the real amount. You can do it by open file \library\Brivium\StickThreadCredit\ViewPublic\Thread\GetAmount.php and find
    $output['amountMessage'] = new XenForo_Phrase('cost') .': '.$price;
    Change to
    $realPrice = $this->_params['price'] / 1000;
                $output['amountMessage'] = new XenForo_Phrase('cost') .': '.$price. ' (' . $realPrice . ' USD) ';
    At here 1000 is the exchange rate between your Credits and Real Money.

#4: You can change it by your way by editing the phrase BRC_not_enough_amount

joey_tbf likes this.
  3. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Mar 21, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

#1 Thanks. I will wait your update

#2 <xen:include template="BRST_navigation_tabs_forums" />

Does not work. It has bugs. When i hover over the sticked threads link. Another menu dissappers.

Instead. I use this in the navigation tempalte:
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'threads/sticked-threads'}">{xen:phrase Sticky-Threads}</a></li>
    This works better.

#3 This works great. Thanks.

Hope to see it in the admin panel instead of editing the core and also would be great if it could reflect the same conversion as the withdrawl

#4 Worked Perfect.

Brivium likes this.
  4. joey_tbf

joey_tbf - Mar 23, 2015 Active Member VIP Member

The latest updatd Fixed #1

#1 Works
    #2 Works
    #3 Hope to see this in the core/admin panel so every time i update i don't have to change it again. But it works for now. I am happy
    #4 Works

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Brivium likes this.