1. lazertester

lazertester - Apr 6, 2013 New Member

When I change a user's groups and save the changes, their credit resets to zero. Any suggestions on fixing this?
  2. Brivium

Brivium - Apr 8, 2013 XenForo Services Staff Member

Can you give me list addons that you installed ?
  3. lazertester

lazertester - Apr 9, 2013 New Member

Add-on Install & Upgrade

Advanced User Promotions by Waindigo

Brivium - Credits

Digital Point Ad Positioning

Login As User by Waindigo

Mass Delete Spam Users

Nodes As Tabs

Quick Reply Preview

Route Changer

Template Modification System

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki)

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

[bd] Widget Framework

[Ice] Shop

I tried disabling Advanced user promotions as that seemed to be a likely source of this happening, but that did not stop the wipes on group change.
  4. Brivium

Brivium - Apr 10, 2013 XenForo Services Staff Member

Please try disable each addon and test what's addon conflict with Credits ?

If that still error, please give me teamviewer to detect problem.
  5. lazertester

lazertester - May 4, 2013 New Member

Just to recap on this issue: I found that the problem was in the ControllerAdmin/User.php function brcActionSave that is called when changing a user from the control panel. The function gets credits and currencyId from the admin form, but when I looked those did not exist in the admin template. As a workaround I commented out the logic in that fuction because I didn't find the ability to change a user's credits from their admin section a useful feature since a user works hard to earn credits in game and I have put a focus on making every change to credits leave a transaction for auditing purposes.

I assume that anyone else who wants to ACTUALLY fix the issue who finds themselves in the state I was in would want to consider re-adding the credits and currency_id fields to the edit user form int he admin template.

I believe this was due to another addon wiping modifications to the admin template for user editing, so hopefully someone else with this issue can solve it by finding it here.